St Thomas Anglican Church

 
 

Centennial History

 

Centennial News »

Centennial Poetry by Alejandro Mujica-Olea

Our centennial poet, Alejandro Mujica-Olea has written 9 new poems in celebration of St Thomas at 100 years. You can find...

 

A Poem by the late Fr. Ivan Ramirez

In memory of the late Rev. Ivan Ramirez, our resident poet Alejandro read a poem written by the former Santo Tomas priest...

 
 
1911 Land donated and building erected
1912 First Service held January 7:175 in attendanceFirst Sunday School held 14:31 children attended, First Wedding, January 29 First Baptism, February 4, First Woman’s Auxiliary Branch organized March 15First Vestry meeting held April 10
1914 First Rector inducted November 27
1922 First Sunday School building erected
1937 25th Anniversary Celebrated
1945 Rectory build
1953 Mortgage burned
1955 Enlarged Church and New Parish Hall dedicated
1962 50th Anniversary Celebrated
1965 Foster Children Program begun
1967 Church consecrated by Bishop Gower
1971 Amalgamation of St Timothy’s into St Thomas
1977 Major renovations of buildings 65th Anniversary Celebrated
1980 Rectory demolished
1983 New Yamaha piano acquired
1985 Archbishop Hambidge dedicated Rodgers Organ replacing a cherished pipe organ
1987 75th Anniversary celebrated
1992 New Rectory build-occupied September
1997 Vote to pursue merger with Church of Good Shepherd and 85thAnniversary celebrated
1998 Vote to not continue with merger plans with church of Good Shepherd
1999 Worship space renovate

See our history page for a more detailed parish history.